EcoHomes ‘Excellent’ within current cost limits
Building on 20 years of experience of ‘green' building to incorporate cost effective and trouble free measures into mainstream housing. Housing Association development of 14 homes in Woking with a contract value of £1.7m
Innovations include -
- Mezzanine storage and sleeping platforms provide more space
- Service voids in walls allow alteration of installations as needs and expectations change
- PVC free specification throughout
- Airtight construction tested on completion of the envelope and again after the installation of services.
- The foundation arrangement of piles with no ground beams between reduces time and cost.
A runner up for ‘Sustainable Development of the Year 2006'.
Housing Corporation Gold Award 2007